Social Distancing Implementation
- NLC auditoriums will reflect configuration and capacity limitations suggested by the CDC.
- We will minimize close contact among all attendees.
- Family style seating will be implemented at all locations.
- Please be aware we are not offering any in-person NLC Kid’s ministries or activities. Please click here to access NLC Kid’s Online.
Safety/Sanitization and Disinfecting Protocol
- Once you arrive at an NLC location, please stay in your car until 10 minutes prior to our promoted Experience start time.
- There will be no gathering in our lobbies before or after Experiences.
- Food or drinks will not be offered.
- No materials will be distributed and offering buckets will not be passed. Instead, there will be containers as you exit the auditorium to place completed connect cards or to give in-person.
- Please pay attention to signage with flow of entry, distancing guidelines, exit flow, etc.
- Please prepare to wear a mask.
- NLC staff and team members that are not on stage will be required to wear masks.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- All high-traffic areas will be thoroughly sanitized following the experience.
Self-Check Health Assessment
To keep you, attendees, team members, and staff safe we are following local guidelines and asking everyone to self-check for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors before entering any NLC location. Here are some questions to consider:
- Have you or any member of your household had any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste of smell) in the past 24 hours or had a temperature that is elevated for you, 100.4 F or greater?
- Have you or any member of your household had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Have you or any member of your household traveled internationally or outside of the state in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder that may potentially have a high level of exposure to COVID-19?
- If you answer yes to #1 or #2, we are unable to have you at any NLC location at this time. Please monitor your health and we hope to see you soon.
- If you answer yes to #3, #4 or #5 please evaluate the environments you’ve been exposed to and if there’s any reason to reconsider being in a large community gathering, email the Location Pastor of the NLC location you plan to attend.
If we become aware that someone who has been in a NLC Experience becomes ill and tests positive for COVID-19, we will follow these procedures:
- We will ask the person to seek medical care for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
- We will contact local health officials.
- If public health officials determine we need to, we will assist with determining who needs to be contacted for contact tracing.